Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Supplies are the word of the day.

Who would have thought you'd need so many new things with the addition of 3 animals. We have bought and added several new things to what we own already and that is just a start.

Some of the supplies are odd too, or at least to non-livestock owners. I had to get flat back buckets and rubber feeding bowls. I have never needed anything like either before in my life. Oh and do not get me started on needles and meds for the alpacas! I never knew that you had to determine so many different things such as the needle gauge and length and if the syringe should be locking or slip!

Anyway, fun things for sure. We should be getting close to having one side of the barn really done any time now. Now it's on to phase 2 of the temporary site. With any luck, ground breaking for a new barn, built with our alpacas in mind starts next spring!

No comments: