Friday, April 3, 2009

When is a vacation day not a vacation?

Well the day has finally arrived. We are now officially checked in to the Fort Wayne Alapaca show for this weekend. We learned much about what you get, need to take and so on. It was a very long day but well worth it and overall a good experience.

We have purchased fans, which I still do not quit understand why only the huacaya need it but we have them now. Just a heads up to any other Noobs out there, you should make sure you have an extention cord. My 12 foot actually worked out just fine though I had several other size I could have taken. You may want various additional parts like the ability to split the power 3 ways.

After much review all of our boys did come back in the white class... ...I'm not sure if this is good or bad really. On the bad side we have 3 males, all juvi males, so they could all end up against each other. We had some people give us opinions of the boys and really in the end I am very happy with the outcome of that. I have always been a bit worried about Coronado due to not having a lot of noticable crimp as well as lacking bundling, but I was told that we will not know for sure until after his first cut. Of the 3, he was said to have the finest hair. Odyssey has been given many thumbs up because he has crimp like no ones business and he has lots of luster on his fur. He is fairly dense, but pails in comparison to Alexander. In the end Alexander and Oddysey have a better chance of placing this time around based on the opinions we have got but all 3 boys look to have a fair enough future in front of them.

In the end, I'm overall excited for the weekend no matter the outcome. We will be learning and positioning for the future. I hope we can walk away with a few notches under the belt on understanding shows, alpacas, judging, competition, etc... Wish us luck and more importantly, fun!

No comments: